Friday, December 30, 2011

An Adventure to Remember

Today was a vey exciting day. My best friend asked me to come along to get a bed for her stepdaughter. It was in Jasper, Fl so I said why not. We get in her van and get the kids loaded and off we go. We put the ladies address into the TomTom so that we could find our way. Along the way the kids are playing and talking giving us some adult conversation time. We get to the exit that TomTom claims is the correct exit and continue to follow its wise directions. We turn down this dirt road and us being from a small town in GA didn't think much of it until it turned into an ATV trail and it suddenly started to get very tight on the road. We kept thinking that it had to come out on a main road somewhere right? The next thing we know we are on hunting land in a wildlife management area and we are officially lost. So we try to backtrack. That didn't work because we had gotten turned around. My best friend, Bri, is on the phone with the lady to see if she knows where we might be and I am on the phone with 911 trying to see if they can find us. The 911 operator is pinging my phone to see if she can find us. At this point we have gone way beyond squealing pigs and banjos. The lady that Bri is talking to says she can find us and they are on their way to come get us. I hang up with the 911 operator with the promise to call and let her know whether or not we got out of the woods. We finally find the road we came in on and there are our lifesavers ready to lead us back to civilization. Of course I call the operator back to inform her there was no need to send the Calvary in after us. She was glad that we were able to find our way out. Needless to say Bri and I were so happy to see our saving angels. Mackinsey tried to inform us that they weren't angels because they didn't have any wings and we promptly informed her that some angels don't have wings. We get to the people's house and get the bed loaded up. We then proceeded to go out the very simple way we should have come in. TomTom is now renamed DumDum. But did our adventure end there? Of course not. We are on our way back. Kids are fed and talking and singing in the back when Bri sees a puppy on the side of the road. I told her to turn around because they kids and us adults were worried about him getting hit. So we go back and there's the puppy all skinny and pitiful. So I pick him up and we go to the nearest house to be told that it was a stray that had been around for a couple of days. I politely bit my tongue and took the poor puppy off their hands. He was very sweet all the ride back and rode very quietly. We got to Bris and the poor puppy had to have a bath due to the fleas on him. We wrapped him in a towel and brought him home. I gave him a bowl of food, took my stepdaughter to her friends house, caught up for a few minutes with my friend and then came home and ate and am currently watching TV. It has been a great day and I have made some great memories with my best friend. I am so thankful that God allows us to make these memories. I am also thankful he gave us some angels down here on Earth to help us lost people find there way. There very well could be a great message in that statement! Now I am going to bed and put a close on this what's lost is found day.

No comments: