Sunday, August 8, 2010

How He Loves Me

If your heart is with God you tend to find him in the little things in life. You can't help but love him when the rain waters your parched plants or when someone encourages you in a terrible time. I had one of these moments last night.
Steve and I went bowling with our college class and that in itself is a blessing. All the young adults that we were there with love to have a good time and I have found that they have a good time doing whatever it is they are doing. Their passion in and of itself makes you feel like God is right there with you, laughing with you because people who love him were gathered together.
I have my own bowling ball from when I bowled in a league when I was previously married. When we split, my darling ex decided to draw a broken heart on everything I owned including on my actual bowling ball. Thankfully the other stuff he just drew on the boxes. Anyway, for three years now my bowling ball has had a broken heart crossed out on it in sharpie. I tried to clean it off to no avail.
Last night I thought I would ask the guys at the bowling alley how much it would cost to get it off or if they could even get it off. Instead of giving me a price they offered to do it for free. Even when it included having to sand the bowling ball, they still did it for free. To many people something like that wouldn't mean much, but to me it felt like God helping me get rid of anything that would remind me of my past failures. I knew in that moment that all God is worrying about is what my present and future holds. The past is of no consequence anymore. All that matters is being in love with my Father and living for him and anything that tries to get in the way of that is unacceptable.
I was so moved by such a small act of kindness that those guys did. I have been so blessed and in ways that I would never have expected. Not only has my heavenly father forgiven me for my past, but he has allowed me to forgive myself and those involved so that I can be an effective member of his family. What greater gift is there than that?
I have to encourage you, if you don't know your heavenly father on an intimate, personal level; I want to encourage you to get to know him on that level. Being in your Bible everyday. Studying His Word daily and taking time to pour your heart out to him helps you to develop a wonderful relationship with him. And in doing so, even when things aren't going exactly how you feel they should, you know that he is there keeping it all under control and helping you get through the troubled times.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you are invited to follow my blog